Thank you for attending the “Business Blogging Made Easy” breakout session at the Stoll Keenon Ogden 24th Annual Corporate Seminar.
Principal owner of Balance Creative, a full-service, creative services firm, with partner Jim Edmon, David got his professional start on the design side of the advertising and marketing business, but migrated to client services, project management and media services a few years ago. He still plays an important role in his firm’s creative process for clients but now gets just as energized from helping clients determine appropriate marketing strategies. He’s also an online and digital advertising junkie and believes an integrated approach across traditional and emerging media is the most effective way to engage audiences.
Emily Sandford is the founder of Authentically Social, a strategic social media marketing consultancy for companies and individuals, with 10 years of client marketing experience in brand and product management, as well as social media strategies. Emily founded Authentically Social in 2011 after eight years working for a variety of leading Lexington-area companies including Alltech, Bullard and Office Suites PLUS.
Emily builds results-oriented social media, blogger outreach and community management plans for companies across the United States. She is also the popular blogger behind Skinny Emmie where she has been featured on the websites and publications of Shape Magazine, Fitness Magazine, Prevention Magazine, New York Post, Spry Living, Skirt! Magazine, Business Lexington and the Lexington Herald-Leader.
Recommended Reading (Books):
- Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
- The Corporate Blogging Book
- Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust
- Social Media ROI: Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in Your Organization
- Blogging to Drive Business: Create and Maintain Valuable Customer Connections
Examples of Corporate Blogs:
- Marriott (Hospitality)
- Zappos (Apparel/Footwear)
- Freshbooks (Accounting/Financial Services)
- Manpower (HR)
- Cisco (Technology)